While the more traditional explanation of alchemy is related to the transmutation of any metal into silver or gold, there is also a metaphorical meaning of the concept. On a human level, alchemy is about a deep, spiritual transformation of self. This is my work – facilitating transformational learning with individuals, groups, and organizations.
I am an educator at heart. My passion, experience, and ongoing learning are in the arena of creating and cultivating adult learning environments. My own journey spanned industries, cultures, learning environments, organizations, and other areas of interest; all these weave themselves into the work I do. This experience includes over ten years as a corporate and business consultant in the IT industry, as well as over twelve years of personal and organizational development, training, and education. My work has covered a broad range of applications: personal and professional development, collaborative learning, interpersonal communication, team and project leadership, coaching and mentoring, and organizational performance and change in a variety of environments. Merging the ancient principles of Eastern philosophies with the modern research into adult and social learning theories, organizational performance, creativity and innovation, performing arts, and coaching modalities, I incorporate a holistic perspective into both my life and my unique, integrated services work. I am an Educator, a Facilitator of Transformational Learning Experiences, and an Executive/Professional Coach – all rolled into one. Whatever the forum, I facilitate the process of learning – as a way of being, as a continuing journey of integrated and applied exploration and practice.
Academically speaking, I hold a
- B.Sc. in Mathematics and Computer Sciences from Ben-Gurion University in Israel.
- Partial M.Sc. in Information and Systems Sciences from Carleton University in Ottawa.
- M.A. in Leadership and Adult Learning from Royal Roads University in Victoria.
- Certificate in Sustainable Business from Bainbridge Graduate Institute, Seattle.
- Ph.D. in Eco-Psychology with the Institute of Global Education (writing the dissertation).
Some of my core strengths, experiences, and competencies are:
- Rich, diverse, and multi-cultural background, as a result of having lived, worked, and travelled in Russia, Middle East, Europe, Asia and Australia, and North and South America.
- A charismatic leader who is passionate, experienced, and natural in building relationships of trust, creativity, and collaboration in diverse organizational settings and with multiple stakeholders.
- A confident, engaging, and creative educator and facilitator, able to establish rapport and connection with different audiences and convey information with clarity and enthusiasm.
- A creative visionary and strategist, who loves to dare the status-quo, explore and implement non-traditional approaches and solutions to challenging situations.
- Over twelve years of experience in design and delivery of program development and training services to diverse individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Over twelve years of integrating individual coaching and mentoring modalities with lifelong learning programs, workshops, and seminars.
- In-depth knowledge and practice with adult learning, transformational, and experiential learning theories.
- Experienced and comfortable with investigating, customizing, and applying technological solutions to augment and enhance teaching and training experiences, both face-to-face and online.
- Applied Improv Network
- Appreciative Inquiry Commons
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Network
- International Association of Facilitators
A one-page summary of “Simon at a Glance” visual overview is here (PDF).